Port Melbourne Primary School uses Compass, a web-based software system which drives operational efficiencies, improves learning outcomes and enables better communication with the school community.
Compass enables teachers to communicate to parents continuously about their child’s academic progress throughout the year. Parents are able to see visual progress reports as well as assessment tasks and feedback so teachers and families can work together to improve their child’s learning.
Compass allows parents to easily access up-to-date and meaningful information about your child and their school, including the ability to:
- Monitor your child’s attendance, and enter an explanation for absence or lateness
- Communicate with your child’s teachers, and update your family contact details
- View your child’s timetable and the school calendar
- Monitor your child’s homework and assessment tasks
- Download and view your child’s progress and semester reports
- Book parent-teacher conferences
- Pay and provide consent for events and school fees
All parents will be given a family login. Please contact the office staff if you require assistance.
You can view the complete guide here Compass - Information for Parents or watch the videos below.
Port Melbourne Primary School uses a communication App called Konnective. Download the App to be able to receive news, events, photos and notifications from the school directly to your smartphone.
Using the Konnective App you can receive important alerts as soon as they are released, keep up to date with the latest news and add events directly to your phone’s calendar.
To register, just follow the instructions below for the type of phone you have.
Go to the AppStore and download the Konnective app (it’s free)
Go to the Google Play store and download the Konnective app (it’s free)
For all other smartphone users or to use the website version
Go to the Konnective website and register
We use Qkr! By Mastercard for parents to purchase school related items such as sport t-shirts and sushi days.
It’s an easy-to-use mobile App for iPhones and Android smartphones, tablets and desktops that makes school payments a breeze. You will love having the flexibility to expenses at a time and place that suits you.
Follow the Qkr!: How to Guide to install Qkr! on your device. Type in PRMEL for Port Melbourne Primary School.
Check that you have entered your child in the correct grade, Qkr!: Changing Your Child’s Grade + Year Level
You may also want to receive receipts via email, Qkr!: Set up E-mailed receipts
Mathletics is an online e-learning platform that gives our school access to a worldwide Maths community of over 3 million students.
Each student has been given their own Mathletics username and password that allows them to log-on at school and at home and develop their Mathematical understanding and fluency.
Class Teachers will assign weekly Maths tasks for each student based on the learning taking place in class or individual learning goals. These can then be completed at home to reinforce their Maths skills.
Beyond these tasks, Mathletics also offers ‘Live Mathletics’, an exciting feature that matches students across the world in a 60 second mental arithmetic race to develop rapid recall of number facts and further learning features such as an animated Maths dictionary and ‘Rainforest Maths’.
Every correct answer in Mathletics earns a student points which are then totaled up to earn bronze, silver and gold certificates. PMPS also awards weekly certificates for the class, and the upper and lower school students who have earned the most points.
Mathletics can be accessed at http://au.mathletics.com/
For further information please speak to your child’s class teacher.
The Premiers’ Reading Challenge encourages children and students to read a set number of books over the year and record their efforts online.
The challenge runs until 6 September 2019, so get reading!
Students need to:
- keep a record of your reading on the challenge website
- read a certain number of books during the challenge (prep, year 1 and year 2 can read books by themselves or with some one else)
- get a coordinator at your school to confirm that you’ve read the books you’ve registered online
- make sure all your information is completed online by the due date
Please contact your classroom teacher for any issues regarding registering or logging in.
The Port Melbourne Primary School Facebook page is run and controlled by a parent group and not directly by the school.
Social media can be a powerful tool to facilitate and build connected communities. The school community is expected to show respect to others and to the reputation and good name of the school.
When using Social Media, our community is expected to ensure that they;
- Respect the rights and confidentiality of others
- Do not post photos, videos or comments that include other children at the school
- Raise queries, concerns and complaints directly with the school rather than posting them on social media – whether on their own pages or in closed groups (e.g. groups set up for school parents to communicate with each other)
- Do not impersonate or falsely represent another person
- Do not bully, intimidate, abuse, harass or threaten others
- Do not make defamatory comments
- Do not access social media while helping at school or on school visits
- Do not post anything malicious about the school or any member of the school community
Please remember that you may potentially put your child and others within the school at risk by sharing photos, videos or other information that could make the children identifiable to others.
Can’t find the answer you are looking for?
We have provided more answers to some of our most commonly asked questions on our FAQ page.
How do I access Compass?
All parents are provided with Compass login details. If you have any issues logging in or loose your details, please contact the office staff. You can view the Compass Guide here.
How do I pay for a school excursion or incursion?
All school run events including excursions and incursions can be paid for and consented on Compass. You will also be able to pay for stationery and voluntary contributions.
My child has lost their Mathletics logins?
Every student is given their own login details at the beginning of each year. If your student has lost their credentials, you can request a new copy from their class teacher.
Why am I not receiving Konnective notifications?
Konnective is a smartphone App that needs to be downloaded via the Apple or Google store. You will need to ensure that you have Notifications turned on under Settings on your smartphone.
How do I change my child's grade in Qkr!?
At the beginning of each year, you will be prompted to update your students classroom. You can use the following guide to manage your details.