Port Melbourne Primary School values parental involvement.
One way to become involved in the School is through the active and friendly Parents & Friends Association. The Parents & Friends Association encourages social interaction, improved communication and facilitates fundraising.
Parents & Friends is a group which meets regularly to:
- Provide events which encourage participation and social contact e.g.: welcome BBQ, grandparents’ morning tea;
- Provide support for school events, such as information nights
- Organise fundraising to support current school projects.
- Organise regular fundraising events which help bring the school community together, such as:
- Trivia and auction night
- Annual Fete (Sunday 29 November this year)
- Mothers’, Fathers’ and Special Persons’ Day Stalls
- Family fun run
- Easter raffle and end of year Christmas concert.
Over the last few years, the PFA have raised enough money to contribute to the following, including but not limited to:
- $100,000 upgrade to the oval
- $25,000 of wireless networks in A, D & E blocks
- $12,000 interactive whiteboards for the music room, and new Mod 10 classrooms
- Money raised to go towards the garden club, take home books, listening centres and a Sony sound system for the junior choir
- A host of events such as welcome morning tea, grandparents morning tea, staff thank you lunch, 125 year celebrations
- Emergency lunches and treats for the children at sports and Green Day events. The Parents & Friends Association meets monthly. The meeting day and time may be altered to suit the needs of the group.
- Please contact the office to find out the next meeting time and place, or contact the PFA via email PMPSparentsandfriends@gmail.com